| [GMW #702A] Open A UN Peace Education Department |
|Monday 6 June 2005, Editor: Easy * Daily Blog | Contact | Subscribe | Unsubscribe |
~ Idea 3206 ~
I love these ideas of Cora Weiss, President of the Hague Appeal for Peace, in her speech to the Millennium Forum held at the United Nations on 22 May 2000:
1. Create an International Disarmament Organization
2. Give life to the Military Staff Committee foreseen in Chapter 7, Article 47 of the United Nations Charter
3. Re-open the United Nations Peace Education Unit. I would even recommend that it should be a major United Nations department. The UN University for Peace could become it.
Daily Idea Dream Topics: Peace, Idea Dreams 6001-6500, Ending War,
Earth's Ecology, Religion & Spirituality
| Robert's Golden Sayings |
|A Hindu sage asked me: |
“How do you see God?”
“I do not see God. I hear in me a silent voice which most lovingly and kindly answers my questions.”
* The same Hindu sage asked me:
“How do you see yourself, especially your internal self?”
“When I look into myself, I see nothing, only emptiness, a void gently contained by the unfelt form of my being. I see and feel nothing. All functions so well, so perfectly. I am an emptiness which resonates the vibrations of the universe.”
The sage murmured:
“I have never heard that before.”
What I see is not out there. It is in me.
What I hear is not out there. It is in me.
What I think is not out there. It is in me.
What I feel is not out there. It is in me.
I am therefore filled with the out there. I am the out there. My being is a vessel of the out there. I must empty myself of myself in order to receive and contain the universe.
* This reminds me that when I was an aide to former UN Secretary General U Thant, I once asked him: “I notice that when you receive visitors you almost never give them an idea, an exhortation to do something for peace and a better world. Why is that?” He answered with an astonished tone and face: “But my dear Robert, if a person comes to see me it is because that person has a message, something important to tell me. I must therefore empty myself of myself in order to receive that person’s message as fully as possible.”
My Testament to the UN
-A Contribution to the 50th Anniversary of the United Nations, 1995, Chapter 6
| A nice message I received on Valentine's Day: |
"Thank you for all you have done and are doing to bring the consciousness of God's peace and love to this world."
I am a product, a child of the United Nations. Anyone who wishes to become a loving universal being as I have become should get to know our mother, the United Nations.
Portuguese Good Morning Word Blog For Portuguese readers Good Morning World Blog is now available as a preliminary draft:
Thoughts and comments are most welcome.
Elisa, in Brazil where autumn is just beginning, has joined our GoodMorningWorld staff of now 2 and is our Good Morning World Portuguese editor. Our staff of free will talent and skill givers is happy to provide this service and others nuturing a better world when and wherever we can.
Elisa was translating Good Morning World into Portuguese for friends and now with the GMW blog can share Robert's wonderful ideas and dreams with any Portuguese readers.
Soon we hope to have a Spanish Good Morning World Blog up for draft review.
The English language Blog can also be viewed at any time at:
By viewing a blog today's and past Good Morning Worlds can be read from any browser any where in the world without using email. Take a look when you have a chance. Blogs can be quite useful.
Replies to Robert's recent Good Morning World messages:
* Recent Guest Book Entries: